Tuesday, May 14, 2013


Postcard Fiction
By Nikki J

It’s the stubborn mind I inherited from my father that drives me to be so disobedient. Why go to school when I can sleep and do my work from home? I get it done just the same and I don’t have to listen to the boring lessons that teach me nothing about anything. Why should I be penalized if my attendance has gone down the drain, I still do the work and it is still pretty good I might add, honestly it’s the lack of inspiration this school gives me that makes me want to go. I know that my mother will find out and I know that she will ignore me for the rest of the day and yell at me to buck up, but I would choose that over having to sit alone at lunch and pretend I care about the life that surrounds me. Maybe I am just being nostalgic about my old school, but honestly I really do not give two rats about this dungeon we call a school. Graduation is inches from my nose and I can smell it. I know that I just need to keep going, to troop it out then ill be free. But will I really? Won’t work be just like school? Don’t I just need to learn how to deal with the stupid reality we call life. Yes. That’s what I have to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment